Great Haywood Memorial Hall was built in 1922, on land donated by Lord Lichfield, as a memorial to men from the village who fell in the 1914 - 1918 war. Their names are inscribed on a tablet inside the Hall as are the names of those who fell in the 1939 - 1945 war. They are still remembered by the hanging of a wreath of poppies on Remembrance Day.
The Memorial Hall has always hosted village activities and over the years has been witness to concerts, political meetings, film shows, baby clinics, funeral wakes and weddings. These days we have a diverse range of organisations and activities who take advantage of our superb facilities. Please click on ‘Activities’ for more information.
Our room availability and facilities mean we can meet the needs of most events. Our room hire rates are competitive and discounts are available for regular bookings and charity fund raising activities.
We are a registered Charity and are managed by a voluntary Committee of Trustees including representatives from organisations who use the Hall.